Work with us! We’re looking for experienced and qualified Sheet Metal Mechanics to join the Advanced Integrated Technologies (AIT) team!
Sheet Metal Mechanic Job Description:
The Sheet Metal Mechanic must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities to lay out, fabricate, assemble, modify, repair, and install sheet metal products. The following is a list of typical work that a Sheet Metal Mechanic might be asked to perform:
- Employ appropriate trade methods to lay out flat forms to be worked to form required three-dimensional shapes from written and verbal instructions.
- Assemble, modify, install and repair various sections into sheet metal products such as shipboard ventilation systems, housings, shields, metal partitions, metal furniture and doors, galley equipment, strainers, stowage bins and a variety of special custom made small parts peculiar to ship repair work. Utilize the full array of metal working machines and measures with various precision instruments as required.
- Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
- Must pass background and drug screenings
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.