Date Posted: February 1, 2018
Job Description: General Laborer/Fire Watch
Level of Education: Graduate of high school, GED, trade school, or industrial school.
Job Category: Shipboard Industrial
Job Title: General Laborer
- Minimum of 1 year of marine related experience.
- Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading vehicles, assisting various shipboard trades, and other activities in a helping or assisting mode.
- May perform simple repairs on machinery or minor repairs to buildings.
- Transports materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required.
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of relevant tools and equipment.
Qualified applicant must be able to work aboard ships, climbing, bending, and working in confined spaces. Must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible for a government security clearance. Drug testing required before hiring.
1 year experience in Auxiliary systems, including; HM&E system repair, installation, modification, and testing of Navy equipment or systems.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.