We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join a talented group of staff in a growing company. The Facility Security Officer will lead and manage Advanced Integrated Technology (AIT, LLC) in everyday security responsibilities and requirements, including visit requests, managing personnel security clearances, and overseeing AIT’s security program. As this is a position of trust, a detailed background check including credit, criminal, and driver’s license check will be conducted prior to hire.
- Review contracts and proposals regarding industrial security requirements and provides general guidance and/or training on those requirements to back office personnel.
- Maintain records of all DD254s issued to and by the company, including the various compliance requirements and associated client relationships.
- Analyzes DD254 contract security classification specifications for unusual or omitted security requirements.
- Oversees the education and fulfillment of security requirements according to Industry standards and the NISPOM; ensures compliance company-wide. Oversees the fulfillment of contractual security responsibilities as mandated by various government customers/programs.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all security forms.
- Complete corporate reports for security clearance data/reporting to management.
- Management of over 150 personnel security clearances in JPAS, including all initial and periodic investigations, and fingerprint submittals.
- Prepares for security assessments, including Defense Security Service (DSS) visits, security audits and self-inspections.
- Manage and coordinate necessary paperwork for CAC applications, Visit Requests and processing personnel security clearances (as required).
- Use and knowledge of government databases (i.e. JPAS, EQIP, SWFT, NISS, e-FCL and SPOT).
- Responsible for coordination of all necessary paperwork for CAC applications, Visit Requests, SCI Nominations and processing personnel security clearances (as required).
- Processes security issues and violations; reports adverse information as needed in JPAS and to DSS.
- Briefs employees before and after their foreign travel concerning suspicious contacts; keeps a record of all foreign travel.
- Reviews all security paperwork for accuracy, completion, and submission via the e-Qip system
- Maintains all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Issues Courier cards and classified handling guidance.
- Drafts and implements annual security refresher training and etc. training as needed.
- Responsible for the company’s Insider Threat Program and associated policies/procedures.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, quick learner and flexible.
- Ability and knack for learning new skills/technologies quickly.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office suite
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in prior FSO role.
- Associates’ degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification or able to obtain in one year.
- U.S. Citizen, Department of Defense Top Secret.
- Experience in Industrial Security and Government Contracting.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time or more.
- Must be able to use/operate a computer and other office productivity machinery for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently communicate and exchange information with others.
- Must be able to intermittently move up to 10 pounds of objects/equipment.
AIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) offering a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401 (K), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.