Work with us! We’re looking for a qualified and experienced Project Manager to join the Advanced Integrated Technologies (AIT) team!
SUMMARY: The Project Manager oversees a project from start to end. Meetings are organized with the project team. Work sites are coordinated. Schedule arrangements are coordinated as necessary for the project to be prepared. The goals of the project and deadlines are adhered to. The budget for a project is also planned and to ensure that it is within the financial resources available.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with management, NAVSEA Standard Items, approved references and written job descriptions.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies, sequences and coordinates resources needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Manage project employees and sub-contractors according to the established policies and practices of (customer, AIT, Surge Force and OSHA)
- Oversee employees and sub-contractors safety & health practices
- Report any injuries or incidents (fires, dropped loads, lost GFM, etc….) to senior management immediately upon discovery.
- Complete all required deliverable reports as required by project activities.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Communicate schedule changes, deliverables, test completion and resource needs to the management teams weekly on the progress of the project.
- Inventory and order needed GFM and required material.
- Track Gant Chart and supply weekly progress to customer.
- Attend all customer meetings.
- Review CFRs/RCCs.
- Monitor required reports and T&I.
- Maintain and update Event Readiness List for Prime Contractor
- Maintain Manning and review with Production Manager
- Accomplish 009-06 and submit CFR for found condition prior to start of work.
- Onboard the jobsite at least 80% of the work period
- Overall responsible for the success of all assigned tasking.
- Project Manager should preplan all projects prior to start of availability which should include coordinating with the prime to implement a schedule that is conducive to a smooth project. All LLTM should be ordered and any conflicts with sked should be made available to the prime. The work site trailer, conex, or gang boxes should be stocked with consumables prior to job start. Meet with all trades to discuss all material needs and tasks that may need to be accomplished prior to start i.e. paint and lagging samples. Write all requisitions for subs and maintain a budget. All expenses must be made available to maintain the budget. Convey to team leads the priorities and milestones to maintain schedule.
- Muster employees, daily at job site, during required job box training or during an evacuation.
- Review the quality and safety of the work site with the project team on daily basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality (NAVSEA Standard reports, weekly employee report, daily status reports).
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- OSHA 10 Hour (7615)
- Confined Space
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Working knowledge of ship/submarine spaces and layout
- Knowledge on NAVSEA Standard Items
Personal Characteristics: The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with
the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Project Managers usually work in a shipyard environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
AIT offers competitive wages with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K, company-paid life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability). Get paid what you are worth.
Sign- on bonus available to the right person. Details discussed at time of interview.
Apply online or reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com or 757-222-5981 to schedule a confidential interview.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.