Work with us! We’re looking for a qualified Planner & Estimator to join the Advanced Integrated Technologies (AIT) team.
AIT Planning and Estimating Manager will work closely with all departments to determine the amount of material and manpower needed to conduct Production work efforts within prescribed margins. This position will provide estimates from the start of a project to the end of the project for tasking to be accomplished on multiple types of vessels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on the type of project or product being estimated, responsible for analyzing and compiling data on every factor of ship repair that may affect cost.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Responsible for taking a ship repair project and breaking down all expenses including materials, labor, and other resources.
- Plan project budgets and track expenses through the life of the project.
- For construction projects, will review the preliminary plans and ship repair drawings for the project; visit the site of the construction observing the geographical features of the site and access to infrastructure; ability to take into account all the materials, personnel, and any other resources needed to complete ship repair; ability to take all of the details to make a comprehensive cost estimate for the project.
- Prepare and maintain production reports (weekly).
- Review Statement of Work for clarity, completeness, and timeliness and analyzes whether to pursue or not pursue job.
- Work with Production, Safety, and Quality Managers to determine resources required and critical paths before bidding or estimating job.
- Conduct thorough jobsite inspections for validation of resource needs and possible critical path disruptions.
- Process RCC’s and CFR’s as needed to support the project.
- Serve as NMD coordinator for the production department.
- Track and update all incoming Request For Quotes.
- Build book for each RFQ with all required enclosures.
- Conduct ship checks as required.
- Keep Bid tracker sheet updated.
- Coordinate the efforts of Procurement Manager, Procurement Specialist in developing bid packages.
- Develop and manage schedule for bid reviews.
- Submit bid packages.
- Maintain M drive for all Planning and Estimating functions.
- Develop CFR tracker to be used for each ship and update as required, bring to each Production Meeting.
- Update and use bid routing sheet to ensure key players have a chance to review prior to review by the President.
- Organizing and maintaining the M Drive.
- Develop a tracker to monitor active P.O.s that can track expiration.
- Coordinate with QA department for incoming material.
- Graduate of high school, trade or industrial school.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience planning and estimating ship repair tasking required.
- Cost Estimator Certifications preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem resolution, and strategic planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
Apply online or reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-416-7400 to schedule a confidential interview.
View our benefits package HERE.
AIT is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law